hold me
forever
until you can
ruka is on blogging hiatus

Hey guise! My unreal name is Ruka, and I’m a 17 y/y college student of SPUQC under the course of BSIT. Basically yet obviously, my interests are anime, games, and cosplaying as everyone knows. So yeah, these are all the things that you should know. :)

Got unrelated questions? Click here
affiliates

» Yujina » Vincent » Armi » Kenno » Sai » Azhrien » Leny
Saturday, January 2, 2010 @ 12:56:00 PM
Otaku: A Serious Issue
As I woke up this morning, a member from ACU PM'd me if I'm still active.
Much to my dismay, I am not.
But as far as I remember, I did not ask the permission to quit truly.
Why?
Because you can't quit in the damn group.
A major rule once you enter in their 'community'.
You also have to be an otaku.
Really, but are they? Am I?

Lately, the word otaku seems to be very much clear from the moment I learned the word.
According to Wikipedia, Otaku(おたく) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga and video games.

I may be one of those what you call Otaku which the Japanese's discriminate but my mind does not only revolve around anime, manga and video games.
Has it ever occurred in your mind what an otaku is? What an otaku does? How an otaku lives?
Before, I used to label myself as an otaku. It was a mainstream for Christ's sake! Even nowadays! But I don't just call myself something out of a whim. For some reason, being an otaku gives life to my boring days, before.

When I was a kid, I had nothing else to do at home. Going out with friends and spending money were not an option. The only company I had were my brother's PS/PS2, my Gameboy/AD, and the PC. So the only choice I have is to entertain myself with these things. But as I go deeper and deeper in its whirlpool of lifeline, I find myself engulfed with these things that I couldn't live a normal life without it. Yes, it's true.

Imagine myself from the moment I wake up 'til the time I go to bed. Somewhere in between, besides school, there is nothing to get myself busy with besides gaming. Or anime for the least. Oh and sleeping in the afternoon? Not in this body! Especially when our rooms in Bataan are built to be very, very, very (oh boy) bright. Just, imagine it. :)))

But here's the thing, I get busy with my friends to kill the time. I go out alone for sightseeing. I eat with/out company whenever I feel doing it (and when I have money of course). I watch action/horror/adventure movies and I feel good about it. I run errands to minimize someone's chores. I read Bob Ong/Paolo Coehlo/Vladimir Nabokov's books. And it doesn't even have to do anything with the word otaku.

My point is, I'm just happy being.. The girl who loves anime, games and manga. No need to call yourself an otaku. You might never know how people will take you as. Unless you can.



PS: Konata Izumi is the perfect headline photo for this certain article/report!
PPS: W-Well.. The topic is about otaku but the main idea is about 'being me'!
PPPS: Just.. Don't mind me/it.
back to top?
monthly archive

May 2008 October 2008 November 2008 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010
recent entries

RMNDR: No Uta First 2010 Post Current Obsession Our day *<(*´-`)o∠※PAN!"。・:*:・゚Merry Christmas♪ ~My Only Railgun~ L4D2 The Big Spender Sequence of Events Long Rides
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS LABELS